Groups - BELGIUM - CATALOGS - COACHES - ITALIAN
- MEXICO - NEW ZEALAND ROLLING STOCK
SETS SPAIN SWISS USA/CANADA
HOW TO BUY
questions by email: JohnBoyd@ij.net Buyer pays actual
shipping costs, unless stated otherwise. Ships to most of the free world
Insurance paid by buyers if desired. Sales tax: Florida:
(7.000%). Accepted payment methods: PAYPAL Money order or Cashiers check;
Mailing address: John Boyd See-N-Joy Suite 14
302 S Collins St. Plant City FL 33563
The Nacional de Mexico (the National Railways of Mexico) is a combination of several railroads built separately and at different times.
The NdeM was organized on March 28, 1908. It took over operations of the Mexican National in early 1909 and purchased the Mexican Central the same year. The latest amalgamation occurred in the 1980s when the NdeM absorbed four regional railroads:
Ferrocarril del Pacifico (Pacific Railroad)Ferrocarril de Chihuahua al Pacifico (Chihuahua Pacific Railroad)Ferrocarril Sonora-Baja California (Sonora-Baja California Railway)Ferrocarriles Unidos del Sureste (United South Eastern Railways). In the 1990s, NdeM operated approximately 12,396 miles of standard gauge track and 263 miles of narrow guage track
Ferrocarril del Pacifico
In 1881 and 1882 the Santa Fe built the Sonora Railway north from the port of Guaymas on the Gulf of California to the U. S. border at what is now Nogales, Arizona. In 1898 Santa Fe traded the line to Southern Pacific for a strategic section of track between Needles and Mojave, California.
Southern Pacific incorporated a subsidiary, the Southern Pacific of Mexico, to extend the line south along the coast from Guaymas to Guadalajara, 1095 miles from Nogales.The line stayed under Southern Pacific control until 1951 when it was sold to the Mexican government and renamed
Ferrocarril del Pacifico (Pacific Railroad).Widely known for shipping vegetables and fruit northward towards the U.S., the 1,435 mile Ferrocarril del Pacifico became the Pacific Region of the National de Mexico (the National Railways of Mexico) on June 22, 1987.